Achieving predictable print results with high accuracy, full automation, cost efficiency and accomplish consistent colour reproduction are the challenging expectations of clients in the rotogravure printing industry. This increasing demands of customer only attainable when print manufacturer has superlative accuracy of engraved cylinders that are vulnerable to defects such as stylus broken, shoe lines, cell depth variation, cell missing, thundering, centre out, pin holes, bludges, patches, during the engraving process resulted into degradation of quality as well as rejection of cylinders. This one day training session addresses various topics on cylinder engraving and quality management through hands-on activities accompanied with case studies, presentations and discussion suitable anyone in operations, quality, sales, customer service and marketing etc. associate with gravure printing industry and at the end participants will leave the class with a strong understanding of the advance learning skills of cylinder quality management and be able to troubleshoot a variety of cylinder related issues upon return to their respective facility.
- Gravure printing, impact of engraved cylinder on print performance, cylinder structure, category, composition and properties.
- Steps involve in preparation of best quality engraved cylinders, critical process parameters, variables and engraving patterns.
- Cylinders engraving workflow, chemical etching, electromechanical engraving and direct ablation of Gravure cylinders.
- Engraving cylinder axis, shaft, diameter, circumference, face length and electroplating to engrave high quality cylinders.
- Measurement of the actual engrave cell opening, depth and cell volume on copper, and subsequently chrome cells, to control quality and consistency during the manufacturing process.
- Effects of engraving cell depth, cell wall, opening, bridge, cell angle and composition of cylinder and process Specifications.
- Relation of cell size to dot size, ink transfer from cell, Moiré Effect and cell specifications impact on print quality and production
- Engraved cylinders defects visualizing and measuring in detail the performance of the engraving process to further improve quality consistency
- Gravure ink formulation, substrate selection, doctor blades angle and composition on the performance of engraved cylinders.
- Best safe practices and techniques for handling, transportation and storage of engraved cylinders in workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Plant Management
- Print Supervisor | Manager
- QHSE supervisor | Manager
- Quality Control Technicians
- Ink and chemicals suppliers
- Prepress and Graphic Designers
- Ink room technicians / Ink matchers
- Printing & Packaging Technologists.
- Sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Printers/laminators/ slitters Operators and Helpers
- Those new to the prepress and gravure printing industry
- Effective understanding of cylinder quality management, better planning and inventory management of cylinders for refurbishment.
- Evaluate the increase brand owner satisfaction and loyalty resulted to Increase converter competitiveness and profitability
- Able to identify and eliminate or replace defected engraved cylinders that would require unnecessary ink adjustment and enhance cost saving.
- Able to effectively monitoring of the engraved cylinder for condition and effectiveness of the cleaning system at workplace.
- Apply his knowledge and skills to reduce ink and substrate waste through reduce ink matching and press set up time.
- Able to identify the engraving critical parameters and variables to increase job profitability and Increase press productivity.
- Standardize the engraving cylinders quality variables, ink formulations and press parameters for consistent gravure printing.
- Implement the SOPs and standards as per ISO requirements and machine centerlines effectively in gravure printing industry.