Flexographic is a dynamic, advancing printing process as future is approaching with remarkable speed, bringing with it new challenges in the way the flexographic industry conducts its business. New advancements in presses and press componentry, ever evolving best practices for process control, innovations in color management, and the need for a well-trained, highly skilled workforce are just some of the challenges facing the flexographic printing industry today. Meanwhile, supermarket landscape has changed, keeps changing and printers are looking for ways for their product to create a better impact while using fewer materials and minimising waste. This two days training session addresses various topics on flexography, an overview of the flexographic market, advance concepts of flexographic printing process, machine setting, photopolymer plate, anilox, doctor blades, substrate and ink options, color and design considerations, and more through hands-on activities accompanied with presentations and discussion and at the end participants will leave the class with a strong understanding of advance concepts of flexographic printing and be able to troubleshoot a variety of flexo related issues upon return to their respective facility.
- Flexographic printing, basics background, principle, components and advance development of flexographic printing process.
- Flexographic print attributes, print density, sharpness halftone, dot gains, color trapping & match, print gloss and ink setting.
- Important factors (density, print sharpness, gray balance, dot gain, dot loss, print contrast, ink trapping, pH, humidity, viscosity, temperature) in the printing process.
- Aniloxs composition, structure, selection, line screen, cell specification, and important parameters, common defects with cause and remedies, handling precaution and cleaning.
- Flexo plate, composition, developing, critical parameters and variables, common defects, causes and possible solutions, mounting and chemicals used for its processing, instruments used for plate measurement and control, UGRA & KKS’s scale.
- Doctor blades, role, categories, angle, configuration, and possible problems due to doctor blades with its cause and remedies including handling & storage of doctor blades.
- Printing inks variables viscosity, pH, humidity, temperature, pigment-resins ratio, solvency, composition, nature, and ink parameters that influence flexoprint and ink room management.
- Flexo substrate & nature of substrate and properties, PPS, roughness, density, opacity, stiffness, surface tension, acidity, moisture contents, pH etc… that affect printing quality.
- Problems appeared in flexographic printing during production run, identification, with possible causes and online solutions.
- Environmental impacts of flexographic printing, inputs & outputs, materials waste, possible pollutants and their treatment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Plant Management
- Print Supervisor | Manager
- NPD supervisor | Manager
- QHSE supervisor | Manager
- Quality Control Technicians
- Ink and chemicals suppliers
- Prepress and Graphic Designers
- Ink room technicians / Ink matchers
- Printing & Packaging Technologists.
- Sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Printers/laminators/ slitters Operators and Helpers
- Those new to the prepress and gravure printing industry
- Understand the basics as well as advance concepts of flexographic process, components and its impact on printing process.
- Better troubleshooting to online printing problems after understanding its root cause and influence on print as well as business.
- Standardize machine setting, anilox, doctor blades, flexo plate, substrate and printing inks & quality control standards & SOPs.
- Identify and troubleshoot the common defects of anilox, plate, inks formulation, impression roller, and substrate in order to improve print performance.
- Standardize the flexoplate, its variable and parameters, mounting quality, waste, handling, storage and stacking in printing house.
- Able to eliminate materials waste, print defects as well as downtime to boost process efficiency resulted into profitability.
- Standardize the printing inks variables, color measurement, ink formulations and press parameters for consistent flexographic printing.
- Apply his skills to enhance printing quality & efficient productivity that increase job to job profitability with customer retention.
- Implement the SOPs, checklists, machine centerlines, ISO and OSHA standards in flexographic printing industry.