Increasing demands of flexible packaging, more intense competition, launching new products, renovation of old technology, several technological innovations, the market of gravure printing is facing the challenges such as accurate print production, Infeed, unwinder, rewinder, outfeed, chilling roller, dryer, impression roller, printing cylinder in addition to overlap the gap of advance level of rotogravure printing operator skills. This two days based training session addresses various topics on rotogravure market, printing process, critical parameters and machine variables, engraved cylinders, impression, doctor blades, substrate and ink options, color and design considerations, and more suitable for anyone involved in the printing industry including operations, quality, new product development, sales, customer service, administration, marketing, etc... through hands-on activities accompanied with case studies, presentations and discussion and at the end participants will leave the class with a strong understanding of advance concepts of rotogravure printing and be able to troubleshoot a variety of gravure related issues upon return to their respective facility.
- Gravure printing concepts, basics background, principle, components and advance development of gravure printing process.
- Gravure print attributes, print density, sharpness halftone, dot gains, color trapping & match, print gloss and ink setting.
- Important factors (density, print sharpness, gray balance, dot loss, print contrast, pH, humidity, viscosity, temperature) involve in the printing process.
- Engraved cylinder composition, structure, preparation, selection, cell specification, and important parameters, common defects with causes and remedies, handling precaution and cleaning.
- Doctor blades, role, categories, angle, configuration, and possible problems due to doctor blades with its cause and remedies including handling & storage of doctor blades.
- Printing inks variables viscosity, pH, humidity, temperature, pigment-resins ratio, solvency, composition, nature, and ink parameters that influence gravure print during production-run and ink room management.
- Gravure substrate & nature of substrate, composition, properties, PPS, roughness, density, opacity, stiffness, surface tension, acidity, moisture contents, pH etc… that affect printing quality.
- Problems appeared in gravure printing during production run, proper identification, with possible causes and online solutions.
- Environmental impacts of gravure printing, inputs & outputs, materials waste, possible pollutants and their treatment strategy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Plant Management
- Print Supervisor | Manager
- NPD supervisor | Manager
- QHSE supervisor | Manager
- Quality Control Technicians
- Ink and chemicals suppliers
- Prepress and Graphic Designers
- Ink room technicians / Ink matchers
- Printing & Packaging Technologists.
- Sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Printers/laminators/ slitters Operators and Helpers
- Those new to the prepress and gravure printing industry
- Understand the basics as well as advance concepts of gravure process, components and its impact on printing process.
- Better troubleshooting to online printing problems after understanding its root cause and influence on print as well as business.
- Standardize machine setting & variables, engraved cylinder, doctor blades, substrate and printing inks and implement quality control standards & SOPs.
- Identify and troubleshoot the common defects of engraved cylinder, doctor blades, inks formulation, impression roller, and substrate in order to improve print performance.
- Standardize the engraved cylinder, its variable and parameters, cell specifications, waste, handling, storage and stacking in the printing house. .
- Able to eliminate materials waste, print defects as well as downtime to boost process efficiency resulted job to job profitability.
- Standardize the printing inks variables, color measurement, ink formulations and press parameters for consistent gravure printing.
- Apply his skills to enhance printing quality & efficient productivity, customer retention and decrease customer complaints.
- Implement the SOPs, checklists, machine centerlines, ISO and OSHA standards in rotogravure & graphics printing industry.