A rapid economic development, significant growth in scientific and technological development in printing processing industries are experiencing dramatic work environment degradation by generating air and water hazardous waste as a by-product posing a significant threat to human health and environment. The printing industry consistently facing pressures to increase efficiency, reduce cost due to global overcapacity and rising costs of raw material with increasing legislative and customer demands to lower the environmental impact of industry activities has created a need for printers to better their sustainable practices. So this is urgent need for printing companies to reduce environmental risks, reduce waste, increasing their operational efficiency, improve energy and material consumption in order to maintain their market position in an increasingly competitive environment. This one day training is designed as an eco-printing and pollution prevention, suitable for anyone involved in the printing and packaging industry and provides hands-on activities, a structured learning environment to explore advanced concepts of eco-printing by pollution prevention and addresses various topics through hands-on activities, exercises, case studies accompanied with presentations and discussion.
- Printing processes rotogravure, flexographic, offset lithographic, letterpress, wide web, Screen, digital and plateless printing.
- Pollution, source of pollutants, types of pollutants, HAPs threshold, PBR, workflows, checklist and Pollution Prevention Strategies.
- VOCs emission, categories, VOC standards, Steps to reduce VOC emission, VOC material handling requirement, LEL, (OSHA, NIOSH, EPA regulations).
- Emission methods, Material balance, Source sampling, emission factor, Emission factors, calculation of e emissions, EET. Factors Influencing Emissions, Emission Factor Rating. Emission control technologies.
- Effluents from Printing Plants, physicochemical parameters, raw materials inputs and pollutants outputs and control measures.
- Printing industrial hazardous waste, classification, characteristic, BMPs, BATs, hazardous waste codes, hazardous waste management and self-waste audit checklist and The EUs Waste Management Hierarchy (EU, 2008).
- Waste Minimization, Pollution Prevention and Cleaner production. Waste reduction techniques, Barriers to waste reduction efforts, Waste Reduction Audits and integrated environmental management.
- Pollution prevention program steps, good operating practices, strategies for hazardous printing wastes treatment and disposal.
- Eco-printing, attributes, benefits, Indicators, Barriers to eco-printing and possible measures, Ottman’s Five Strategy Framework, PESTEL Framework.
- Pollution prevention international legislative EPA Act 1970), IPPC Directive EU 61/96, Solvent emission Directive 1999/13/EU.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Plant management
- Pressroom supervisors
- QHSE manager and personnel
- Prepress and graphic Designers
- Ink room technicians / Ink matchers
- Printing & Packaging Technologists.
- Printers/laminators/ slitters Operators
- Warehouse and logistics personnel
- Environmental agency representatives
- Ink, chemicals & film and paper suppliers
- Sales and Customer Service Representative
- Those who are new to graphics and printing industry.
- Understanding of different printing processes, input raw materials and pollutants generation as an output during process.
- Depth familiarity with printing industrial hazardous solids & liquids effluents, emissions, classifications and control measures.
- Understanding of source of pollutants, types of pollutants, HAPs threshold, PBR, workflows and effective implementation of Strategies.
- Effectively Implementation of good operating practices and strategies for hazardous printing wastes treatment and disposal.
- Able to apply the waste reduction techniques and integrated environmental management system in order to minimize hazardous waste, remove barriers and proceed hazardous waste audits.
- Able to implement possible measures and the Ottman’s Five Strategy Framework, PESTEL Framework for removing the barriers in eco-printing and to enhance its environmental benefits.