Lean production is one of the most important approaches to the effective print manufacturing. Companies are now starting to heavily rely on lean manufacturing principles and methodologies for their better profitability as well as sustainability in the competitiative market to create waste-free, optimized product flow across the value stream, which is defined as all the activities, value-adding and non-value adding, required to bring a product from concept to launch and from order to delivery. This two days training session addresses various topics on basics principles of lean manufacturing, preparing to implement lean manufacturing in the printing & packaging industries in order to eliminating waste, minimizing inventory, maximizing flow, drive production from customer demand, meeting customer requirements, do it right the first time, empowering workers, and creating a culture of continuous improvement through hands-on activities accompanied with case studies, presentations and discussion and at the end participants will leave the class with a strong understanding of advance concepts of lean manufacturing in the printing and packaging operation and be able to troubleshoot a variety of operation losses, waste, machine downtime related issues upon return to their respective facility.
- Fundamental lean concepts, basic elements, principles, module objectives, manufacturing systems, lean metrics, lean organization and potential challenges.
- Lean manufacturing tools & techniques implementation, elements of lean management and lean tools & techniques, PCT, PCE, SMV, takt time, FIFO, AQCO, OFL and bottleneck analysis.
- Manufacturing operations and hidden costs, VA & NVA, scheduling, data deployment, benchmarking, benchmarking process map, change productivity, productivity measurement, OEE & equipment losses, calculation, 6W-2H and 5 why Analysis.
- Kaizen concepts, elements, levels, levels of problems, kaizen QC story, PDCA cycle & kaizen, innovation and kaizen, kaizen 12 steps story, Deming cycle and advantages of kaizen implementation.
- 8D-problem solving, historical background, scope and implementation steps, narrowing process, road map, barriers and implementation steps and impact on plant productivity.
- Process and defective wastes, classification, source, control measures, value stream map, VSM Metrics, VA/NVA ratio, push & pull system and pre-requisites to creating lean environment for quality production.
- Total productive maintenance, objectives, TPM deployment stages, components, JIT philosophy, JIT-pillar, principles of JIT-system, elements of JIT, 5S, effects and losses and breakdown counter measures.
- FMEA concepts, purpose, silent feature, types, variables, benefits, limitations and pitfalls, implementation steps, RPN, probability of occurrence, Identifying Critical Requirements Using FMEA
- Gemba Kanri, Kaikaku, SMED, EPEI, POKA YOKA, OPFP KANBAN, PDSA, 6 Sigma and their effective utilization to drive lean manufacturing in the printing and associated industries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Plant Management
- Print Supervisor | Manager
- NPD supervisor | Manager
- QHSE supervisor | Manager
- Quality Control Technicians
- Ink and chemicals suppliers
- Prepress and Graphic Designers
- Ink room technicians / Ink matchers
- Printing & Packaging Technologists.
- Sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Printers/laminators/ slitters Operators and Helpers
- Those new to the prepress, graphics and printing industry
- Understand fundamental concepts, basic elements, pillars and principles of lean manufacturing in printing and packaging industry.
- Apply lean principles, tools and techniques in the identification, formulation and implementation of lean manufacturing strategy.
- Improve materials flow, lead time, customer satisfaction, relationship with supplier, productivity, employee morale and commitment in order to enhance flexibility and profitability.
- Reduce machine downtime, wastes, bottle necks, inventory, space requirement, on-shelf rejection of product by client/brand in order to ensure 100% quality product assurance.
- Improve constantly and forever system of production, service to improve quality, workplace organization, safety conditions, productivity and increase visual management that helps to add the values to customers.
- Apply tools and techniques to reduce lead time, work in process, finished good inventory, rework percentage, backorders, machine downtime, speed time to market, operation costs, exceed customer expectations and improving business performance.
- Standardize process accuracy, speeds up time-to-market, streamlines production processes and effective implementation of SOPs, checklists, centerlines and standards as per ISO requirements in the industry.